Video advertising is essential to any brand’s marketing mix. Whether your goal is building your brand’s voice, educating consumers, or driving leads and purchases, an effective video strategy can make it happen. Recent trends indicate that more time is being spent consuming video than ever before.
Not only that, according to Hubspot, more than 50% of consumers want to see video content from the brands they support. In order to plan an effective video strategy, it is important to understand the basics.
What is Video Advertising?
Video advertising is the process of displaying ads before, during, or after streaming content. It can also include display ads with video content as well as native video ads.
Types of Video Ads
- In-Stream: Served before (pre-roll), during (mid-roll), or after (post-roll) within streaming video content that the viewer has requested. In-stream video ads are displayed within the context of streaming video and often used to monetize video content delivered by the publisher. For example, Youtube relies on in-stream ads.
- Outstream: Video units that show up outside of video player environments; this type of ad unit typically includes less traditional video placements such as, in-article, native, in-feed, or interstitial videos.
Why Use Video Ads?
- Brands can tell a story and develop their voice, which builds strong brand awareness and leaves a lasting impression on users, driving stronger brand recall. Video is more effective at driving awareness than a display banner campaign. In fact, research shows over 70% of people prefer video over text when learning about a product or service.
- Increase brand engagement and drive more clicks. Video ads capture user attention, leading to more authentic interactions. Research shows that users are 27x more likely to click through online videos than standard banners, as well as 12x more likely to click-through than rich media ads.
- You could be at a competitive disadvantage if you don’t run video ads! 92% of marketers in 2020 say video is an important part of their marketing strategy, which has grown from 78% in 2015.
Want to learn more about how Centro can take your video marketing strategy to new heights? Get in touch!