External circumstances impact the way we show up to our jobs. It’s important for workplaces to recognize this and support their employees’ mental health and wellbeing, so they can show up as the best version of themselves.
My mental health has always been a priority of mine, and one of the main reasons I came to Basis Technologies almost 7 years ago. I saw that it was an organization that encouraged self-improvement. Here are some of the ways Basis supports my mental health and wellbeing:
- Flexible Time Off (FTO): Basis Technologies' flexible paid time off policy allows me to take days as I need them. I find myself taking a mental health day a few times a year to give myself the time and space to take care of myself.
- A generous insurance policy: that allows me to go to weekly therapy. After meeting my deductible, my weekly therapy sessions are covered which has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. This has freed up more time and energy to focus on my personal growth vs. worrying about the financial burden.
- Reframe employee resource group: a newly formed community group for employees, provides a variety of mental health resources and creates a safe, comfortable space to learn and talk about mental health openly.
- A fully-paid subscription to Headspace: not only do I find myself using Headspace to incorporate a meditation practice into my day-to-day life, but I often use it to find calm and clear my head before big presentations!
- Conscious Leadership Training: These learning and development trainings have encouraged me to be more curious about my interactions and reactions. One of the biggest takeaways that has created awareness for me, is being able to shift from a state of defensiveness to curiosity upon reacting to something. Having this mindset has allowed me to grow personally and professionally and tap into different areas of my growth that I would not have understood otherwise.
- The ability to work remotely as needed: It’s reassuring to know that Basis puts their employees’ safety first. I have felt supported and connected to my team throughout the most recent pandemic and appreciate the ongoing updates and all-hands calls that have been provided.
Above all things, Basis has a culture that transcends the workplace. Basis has proven that it’s not just about who I am from the hours of 9am-5pm, but that everything I learn in the office can be applied to my life too and vice versa!
Learn more about Basis Technologies' culture here.