Tech Support Policy
In order for a Customer to work with BASIS Technical Support on an issue, he or she must have available Technical Support "incidents."
A Technical Support incident is defined as a single problem or issue. A single support incident is a problem that cannot be broken down into subordinate parts. It may take several telephone calls or email messages to solve the problem, but this still qualifies as a single incident.
Technical Support incidents will be assigned per serial number.
All new sales and chargeable upgrades/updates will receive one free Technical Support incident.
With a SAM plan or purchase of a Developer's Kit, the Customer receives five incidents per serial number per year. These incidents are renewed with renewal of the plan or the Kit.
Without a SAM plan or if additional support beyond the standard five incidents is desired, a Customer may purchase single or multiple Technical Support incidents at the time of need or in advance at the price of $100 per incident, non-discountable. This price applies to all VARs, resellers and end users.
When a Technical Support analyst enters a new call on a serial number, the number of available incidents associated with the serial number will be automatically adjusted in the BASIS serial number database.
Incidents are subject to expiration as follows.
- With a SAM plan or the purchase of a Developer's Kit, the five incidents and any additional purchased incidents will expire on the plan's or the Kit's anniversary date. The standard five incidents will be renewed with the paid renewal of the SAM plan or Developer's Kit. Unused incidents cannot be carried over into the new 12-month period.
- Purchased incidents expire 12 months from the original purchase date.
No refunds will be given for unused or expired Technical Support incidents.
The procedure for handling Technical Support incidents by telephone is as follows.
An Interactive Voice Response system takes the incoming call and prompts the Customer for one of the following:
- A call reference number (for an incident still in process)
- If the Customer enters a call reference number, it will be verified against the Technical Support database before routing to Technical Support for resolution of the issue.
- If the number cannot be verified, the system will prompt the Customer to re-enter the call reference number.
- A serial number
- If the Customer enters a serial number, the BASIS serial number database will be queried to see if available Technical Support incidents are associated with the serial number.
- If Technical Support incidents are available for the serial number, the Customer will be routed to Technical Support for resolution of the issue.
- If no Technical Support incidents are available for the serial number, the Customer will be routed to BASIS Sales to purchase a SAM plan or incident(s). After the purchase transaction is completed, the Customer will be routed to BASIS Technical Support for resolution of the issue.
- A message
2.2 Email Support Requests (email@example.com)
The procedure for handling Technical Support incidents by email is as follows.
- If the Customer provides the serial number and the number has available incidents associated with it, the incident count in the BASIS serial number database will be adjusted and BASIS Technical Support will proceed with resolution of the issue.
- If the serial number provided does not have available incidents associated with it, the Customer will be routed to BASIS Sales to purchase a SAM plan or incident(s). After the purchase transaction is completed, the email will be routed to Technical Support for resolution of the issue.
- If the Customer does not provide the serial number in the email, BASIS Technical Support will reply, requesting the number before proceeding.
If the Customer submits an e-Support request on the BASIS web site, the BASIS serial number database will verify the availability of Technical Support incidents for the serial number. If incidents are available, the Customer will receive an immediate email confirmation. If incidents are not available, BASIS Sales contact information for purchasing incidents for the serial number will be provided.
Customers downloading a demonstration product receive one free Technical Support incident per Customer per year.
Technical Support requests for purchased products will be considered higher priority than support requests for demonstration products.
After downloading a demonstration product, the Customer will receive an email message explaining how to request BASIS Technical Support for the demonstration product.
The Customer must complete an online Support form that includes information such as the Customer name, telephone number, email address, etc. The form will be routed to BASIS Technical Support for resolution of the issue.