KB#01230-How to Clear Java and Browser Cache for Web Applications
How to Clear Java and Browser Cache for Web Applications
For web-enabled applications, it may be necessary to clear the Java and browser cache to debug problems. The following instructions apply as of the writing of this article: June 15, 2011.
Clearing Java Cache -- Clearing the Java cache is useful for web start applications when you need to ensure that the web start client gets a clean copy of the JNLP files and jars from the server.
1. From the Start Menu, select Run
2. Type the following command in the Run command window:
1. Launch the Terminal application
2. Run the followling command:
1. From a terminal session, issue the following command:
Note: If java is not in your PATH system variable, you will need to include the entire path to javaws in your command.
Clearing the browser cache - Clearing the browser cache may be necessary on BUI (browser user interface) appliications to debug problems or revert back to an older build of BBj (on the server).
1. Click the wrench icon wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
2. Select Tools.
3. Select Clear browsing data.
4. In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove.
5. Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Select beginning of time to delete everything.
6. Click Clear browsing data.
To clear browsing history, cookies and cache do the following:
1. Tap Settings > Safari
2. Tap Clear History > Clear History (Clear on iPad)
3. Tap Clear Cookies > Clear Cookies (Clear on iPad)
4. Tap Clear Cache > Clear Cache (Clear on iPad)
Last Modified: 06/15/2011 Product: BBj Operating System: N/A
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.