KB#01014-BASIS Automatic License Installation Program
BASIS Automatic License Installation Program
Clicking on the "Install a License" link performs the following functions:
- Ensures that the license has not already been installed.
- Ensures that the downloaded license file is the correct file for that machine (validates hostid).
- Checks for conflicting licenses by scanning the BLM directory, reading all license files for same feature(s), and renaming conflicting files to have an extension of .bak.
- Installs the license file into the appropriate directory. If the license is a multi-user license, then the license will be installed into the BLM directory. If the license is a single-user license, then the license will be installed into the VPRO/5 directory.
- If the license is a multi-user license and a BLM is running, the BLM will perform a re-read function in order to obtain a new license file.
- If the license is a multi-user license and the BLM is not running, it will be started.
- If the license file is a multi-user license and selection of a BLM has not been previously performed, then upon user notification, BBj Services will be stopped, branded (the license file location will be written), and then restarted.
- If the BBj License Wizard and/or the VPRO/5 installation program are running, they will be terminated.
Last Modified: 02/23/2004 Product: License Manager Operating System: Windows
BASIS structures five components of their technology into the BBx Generations.