BASIS takes a new productivity leap forward in GUI development with the Barista® Application Framework. Barista is BASIS' GUI-only data dictionary-driven development framework and runtime engine. Barista facilitates:
- New GUI application development
- Conversion of CUI applications to GUI
- Modernization of existing GUI applications
Barista is database independent and works with both modern SQL RDBMS as well as legacy BASIS file types. Barista imports a third party RDBMS or a BASIS data dictionary and, with little development effort, delivers a functional GUI application running on multiple platforms with a modern GUI look-and-feel, standardized keyboard and mouse navigation, and a built-in SQL-based inquiry engine. Barista delivers enormous productivity gains on both initial product development and, more importantly, on future application maintenance and enhancement tasks.
- User Application Interface
- Extended Data Dictionary
- Form Manager
- Form Designer
- Callpoint Event Editor
- Form Runtime Engine
- SQL Inquiry System
- Menu Designer
- Document Output System
- Role-based Security System
- Uses data dictionary-based architecture for tables, forms, and validation rules
- Supports existing BASIS data structures and imports the BASIS data dictionary
- Ensures visual consistency and quality between forms and applications
- Takes advantage of emerging BBj features and functionality
- Provides ability to link multiple tables and create powerful entry forms
- Easily assembles forms into deployable applications
- Enables existing customized programs to interact with Barista's runtime engine
- Allows developers to reuse existing legacy report and update programs
Download Barista with BBj to take full advantage of this new development framework.
- Go to the BBj and Barista download page.
- Follow the download instructions, selecting the BBj and Barista as the Optional Files referenced in step 3 of the instructions.